Friday, July 22, 2011

Shock of Shocks

Instead of walking today, the buyers sent us an extension through August 30th.  It's still a LOOOOONG shot to get this through before the foreclosure date, but they really want this house I guess.  Hoping it works out for them, but I'm not holding my breath. 

The news yesterday that the bank generally will not release liability on a short sale makes it unlikely we'll be able to accept their terms (if we even get that far).  A foreclosure on our record is better than a bankruptcy, which is where we'd be if they force the issue.  Since we're in a non-recourse state, foreclosure is the end of the road.  They cannot get anymore out of us after that point.

A few months ago I might have been willing to discuss signing a note for some of the difference, but not now.  We can't take on anymore expenses (the reason we're selling in the first place). Plus, based on their horrid and unethical behavior, I won't pay them any more on principle.  They've lied to us for months, and I'm more convinced after sleeping on it that it was a tactic to drive up the fees and interest so that the difference was as high as it could be.

I'm sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment