Thursday, September 8, 2011

The End is Near, Part 2

I intended to have this as a running, day(or-every-other-day-)-by-day run down of the last few weeks in our race to the finish line on the short-sale, but life intervened.  In a good way, but so much that taking time to blog about something that has already eaten up so much of my time and energy just wasn't at the top of my to-do list. So, without further do (and minus the day-by-day) here's a run-down of where we're at.

The short-sale still has not closed.  Once everything on our end was handled, we expected to be able to close early last week.  However, there were some roadblocks on the buyers end and now we're coming down to the wire. The foreclosure auction is tomorrow morning, September 9th. Yesterday the bank rejected our request for a one-day extension.

Today is the THE day.  At this point, if we can close in the next 3-4 hours, the sale can get recorded at the county and be taken off the auction list for tomorrow. At last update, they buyers should be called to schedule their signing "soon."  Escrow has not contacted us, however, and time is ticking.  It takes us about an hour to drive to the escrow office.  I've made arrangements for a friends to get the older girls after school if I I am still battling my way home, but if it is the case that I'm signing that late, there will only be a slim chance that the sale will actually record today.

So, we're back to Purgatory (link to a previous post), but just like then I'm doing my best to remember that my life is good - wonderful in fact. Mr. Four Walls is working steadily, the kids are thriving, I'm home everyday doing what I love most, and we're all safe, healthy, and loved.  This foreclosure, if it does indeed end up there, cannot and will not take all that away.

 My motto this week has been "God is in control."  Everytime I feel like I'm going to lose it, or I get sad, or angry, or frustrated at all that has gone on, I say it to myself.  I post it on Facebook.  I yell it out.

Because at this point, it's all I can do.  Really, it's all we can ever do, regardless of the situation.

So, God is in control, and we will know the ending to this not-so-fairy-tale very shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment