Sunday, August 15, 2010

But Who's Counting?

Stats on the last 48 hours in the Zahn Home:

Diapers changed: About 16... I lost track, though.
Lullabies sang: 6
Stores visited: 8
Stores visited twice: 3
Bags of school clothes, shoes, and supplies emptied on the family room floor for divvying: 5
Returns to be made due to high-maintenance oldest children changing their minds on the the shoes that they "had" to have: 1 (although this is sure to rise, as only 1 child actually got a pair of shoes this weekend....)
Round trips to my mother's: 2
Combined miles driven: 190 (!!!!!)
11th Wedding Anniversary dinner of cheap Chinese takeout...shared with a hot, cranky baby: 1
Loads of laundry washed and dried: 5
Loads of laundry folded: 0
Chapters read from Ramona the Pest: 2
Dried Cheerios scraped from the kitchen floor: only 3, amazingly!
Sweet family dog moved to live with Nana for more nurturing than we can provide: 1
Sad little girls at the realization of above: 2
Degrees in my house at 6 p.m. his evening: 87
Degrees in my house right now at nearly 10 p.m.: 80
Temp reading on my dashboard along I-5 at about 5:00 this afternoon: 100
Temperature difference between today and this day 11 years ago: about 35-40
Number and location of AC units in our house: 1, in my bedroom
Number of children crashed in my bed, relishing in the coolness from said AC unit: 2
Showings on the house: 0
Seconds my blinks are lasting as I try to compose this message: 4.2
Hours until I get to get up and do it all again, plus some: 7

...but who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment