Sunday, August 8, 2010

Venting

Just had another looker on the house.  It's the 4th weekend in a row that we've had to clear out for a showing, which I suppose is a good thing.  I have no idea what they thought about the place, and the fact that they left the back gate open, letting the dog run the neighborhood, is the only reason we know they even showed.  The agent didn't leave a card, so probably not a good sign.  Part of me wants to start asking every agent that calls if their clients are aware this is a short-sale and if they've fully explained what that means BEFORE they waste our time, interrupting our meals or baby's nap time.  But that would be rude, so I'll keep my mouth shut and be as accommodating as possible.

The past two weeks have been....long.  And hard.  We've both been incredibly busy at work, which is good except that it's leaving us wiped out and grumpy in the evenings.  We're hitting crunch time in deciding on and finalizing our plans for childcare this school year, and the more numbers we crunch the less they add up.  Praying for direction and resolution a lot, and I know we have some great prayer warriors in our corner, too, but a lot of days lately we're just not feeling it.  We're starting to nit-pick at each other of the littlest things, as the stress of our situation continues to wear us out.  And if I have one more person say to me, "It'll all work out.  Don't stress over it," I think I'll have a breakdown right then and there.  Let's please put that on the top of the list of things not to say to someone in a stressful situation, particularly if you yourself have not experienced it.  It's like telling someone that just stubbed their toe that it doesn't hurt.  Show empathy, sympathy, listen, ask what you can do to help, tell me you wish you could help, but don't belittle our feelings or the gravity of our situation by telling us not to worry.  It's not even that we are worried, because I don't think that's the appropriate term for our current emotional state.  We're frustrated.  We're tired.  We're ready to move on, to move our family from this puddle of dry quick-sand that is about to get drenched.  The only thing worse than those words are the people who now avoid us altogether, as if our inability to pay our bills is an infectious disease that they might catch by associating with us.  Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.  Guess I needed to vent a little.  Thanks for reading, and I promise I'll try to be nicer in my next entry.  Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a believer that all things happen for a reason or that everything works out but at least you know in a stressful time like this who your real friends are. It is nice knowing who in your life you can count on and who makes themselves scare. I so hope you and your husband can keep it together until you come out of the other side of this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. The way I see it, there is no other option than believing that things will work out. Even if they don't work out to my exact liking, they do work out, eventually. It's all about perspective. If you don't have hope, what sort of life do you have left? I too hope that we can keep it together through this, and I also hope that you yourself can discover the kind of hope that having faith in something larger than yourself can bring.

    ReplyDelete