Monday, January 23, 2012

Digging Out with Zombie-Links

Whew, what a week!

We've been hit with multiple storms bringing tons of snow, even more freezing rain and ice, strong winds, and then several days without power, all mixed with a pesky cold-bug that is making the rounds again and again and again in our home - thus my lack of new posts this past week.

I will attempt to get back on the multiple-posts-per-week-wagon later in the week when I emerge from my zombie-like state, but for now some links to articles and ideas you might find interesting.

Enjoy this first installment of ZOMBIE-links!

  • My crafty-est daughter, Miss Florida, and I have been talking about creating some sort of tile back-splash for above our stove, and I think these hand-painted tiles are going to be the center-piece for it!

  • Speaking of the weather, a great article on why those of us in the beautiful, normally mild, coastal Pacific Northwest are NOT snow wimps! (Okay, maybe we are a little, but with good reason...)

  • For those facing a challenge - and aren't we all - a bit of encouragement that It Won't Always Be Like This (and as I create this post, my own strong-willed Child is in the next room, expressing her refusal to nap by kicking the walls, throwing her toys, and screaming to me "I done; I feel better, Mama!" - it won't always be like this, it won't always be like this, it won't always be like this....)

  • The definitive piece summing up the futility of The Mommy Wars (if you're scratching your head, asking "Mommy Wars?" then you are not a mom...) - it's an oldie but a goodie by one of my favorite bloggers, Jenny Lawson aka The Bloggess. (FYI: Jenny is a straight-shooter with a gift for cursing - you've been warned...)

No comments:

Post a Comment